Posted Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:15:40 GMT by Angelo Vecchio Senior Project Manager

I have been searching for information on using 'Nodes'.  What is their purpose?  Where can I find comprehensive instructions on how to use them?

Posted Wed, 08 Jan 2014 21:45:09 GMT by Gomez Marcellus

The Nodes ribbon is there to help you calculate the many forces that will be acting on your structures, in this ribbon you can either work with nodes on a complete model or choose a specific area of interest to focus on. The node point (ie axis where your elements are connected to each other, two or more elements) will share, distribute or support the structures load, here we are getting into the stress analysis of the structure. In any given point (let’s say a selected node point) you can have your My and Mz (your bending moments), your Nx (normal forces), Vy and Vz (your shear forces). In AS, if you decide to create one of these node points and each created point is identified under forces tab  in case and description column (ex: LC1) and you can also add new load sets if needed for comparison, you will have the advance properties as any other advance feature and in that window you have the possibility to specify the applied forces.

[refer to “stress analysis”] on the AS forum.

http://www.graitec.com/en/forum_search.asp?search=stress+analysis&method=2

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.