Posted Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:44:08 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
This question may have come to you already through Dan and Eddie. My company assigns products codes to all material to work with purchasing and inventory ect. These codes are also assigned to all bolts, nuts and washers.Assigning these codes to most everything in the model is easy with the user attributes and some other methods, and I can get a code assigned to the bolts with the same method, but is there a way to get these codes on the nuts and washers. Maybe an additional column the SetNutBolts of the Astorbase, something that can be shown on the BOM.

Thanks.
Bill
Posted Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:42:00 GMT by Valentin Dumitru Graitec ROMANIA

Hello Bill
This codes can be place directly in the name of the element( bolt , nut and washer).
Now for example the washer has "Washer F436 - 1" " as name.... it's possible to change and to add the code you need and the new name to be " Washer F436 - "1 369258", name which will be in BOM.

Posted Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:27:23 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
Thank-you, I'll check that out to see if that will work with the inventory software. I would be creating model list extract, probably "material list summary", in either .xls or .xml, which the inventory software will then extract the information it needs from that.

On a side note... in the AstorBase:SETNUTSBOLTS, there is a column called "positionsnummer" . What is this and what is it used for?
Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:37:07 GMT by Valentin Dumitru Graitec ROMANIA

Hello Bill

This column is not used.

Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:01:06 GMT by

Hello Bill,

It does not answer exactly to your initial request ... but for info the new Advance Steel 2011 release extends the numbering tool so that bolts, anchors and shear studs get automatically a part mark.

Regards / Philippe

Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:24:48 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
Thanks for your response!
Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:37:48 GMT by William BROOKS Pinnacle Drafting Owner
We will be able to extract the codes from the washers and bolts when we add it to the name as Valentin suggested. We will use a filter in Excel to do this by preceding the code with a "~".

As a side note, if we decide to purchase this software, would it be possible to submit a request to have user attributes assigned to the nuts and washers, as stated in my original question, for future releases?

Thanks

Bill

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.