Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:29:36 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner
What is the best way of creating a W36x302 beam size? The data base has a W36x300 but I am required to have a W36x302. The W36x302 is 5/8" deeper than the W36x300.

I am using Advance 2010 for this project.

Thanks!
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:24:14 GMT by Clifford Cole Midwest Design And Drafting Llc Owner
I used the "User Section" method for creating this new beam type.  It works almost as well as a wide flange beam already in the data base.  It would not, however, accept web stiffeners.  They had to be added manually by copying from the web stiffeners in a W36x300 and lengthening them by 5/8".
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:59:42 GMT by Benoit Lalonde Graitec CANADA

Clifford,

You could always send your request to your local Graitec Technical support and send your AstorProfiles.mdb database and they will create this new beam for you. Please note also that all new beams will be part of the next Advance Steel 2012 installation.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

GRAITEC Services
Training
Consultancy
Development
Free Trial
GRAITEC Products
Advance Design
Advance Workshop
Advance BIM Designers
PowerPack for Revit®
PowerPack for Advance Steel
Autodesk Products
Collections
Subscriptions
Cloud services
Advance Steel
Revit®
Autocad®

GRAITEC GROUP 2018 | WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY NOTICE - Click here to find out more about how we collect, store and handle your personal data and your rights.